MCYO Chamber Music Program
*If you are NEW to MCYO or are not part of the orchestras, you’ll need to submit a performance video by September 12.
MCYO Chamber Music Program registration is now open. Each season, around 12 groups have the opportunity to work with outstanding faculty and perform in concerts, competitions, and masterclasses. MCYO will continue to provide quality and structured Chamber Music to its talented young musicians this coming season.
The Chamber Music Program offers talented young musicians the opportunity to work closely in small ensembles (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.) with exceptional faculty, perform in master classes, and participate in chamber music concerts and competitions. In addition, groups are invited to perform in Strathmore events, National Philharmonic & BSO concerts, Strathmore partner collaborations, and other community events.
- ELIGIBILITY: the chamber music program is open to all students 6th-12th grade, even if you are not enrolled in MCYO ensembles. (MCYO members will have priority when forming groups).
- INSTRUMENTATION: This program is open to string, woodwind, brass players, and also pianists.
- AUDITION: Video Submission of a scale of choice and a solo of choice is REQUIRED for students who are NEW to MCYO. (No professional recording is needed). Video Submission in OPTIONAL for returning MCYO musicians.
- WHEN and WHERE: the program meets at Beth Sholom on 11825 Seven Locks Rd, Potomac, MD 20854.
- COACHING SCHEDULE: the program is structured in 2 semesters (Fall and Spring) of 10 classes each, culminating in a Chamber Music concert/recital.
- Concert dates TBD
- FORMING GROUPS: The student age and video audition will guide us in forming chamber music groups (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.). Every year we receive more applications than we can accommodate. If you have a preformed group, you will have the opportunity to provide that information during the application process.
- $395 per musician per each semester for MCYO members
- $495 per musician per each semester for Non-MCYO members
• QUESTIONS? E-mail MCYO’s Office: email@example.com