Given the current health situation, the MCYO’s Chamber Music Program will not be offered during the Fall 2020 semester. We will post an update about the Spring Semester around mid-December 2020. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Maria Montano (Director of Programs) at email@example.com
MCYO Chamber Music Program!
After two successful seasons of Chamber Music, MCYO is looking forward to open registration for its Chamber Music Program in the Spring of 2021. Each season, around 15 groups have the opportunity to work with outstanding faculty and perform in concerts, competitions, and masterclasses. MCYO will continue to provide quality and structured Chamber Music to its talented young musicians this coming season.
The Chamber Music Program offers talented young musicians the opportunity to closely work in small ensembles (trios, quartets, quintets, etc) with exceptional faculty, perform in master classes, and participate in chamber music concerts and competitions. In addition, groups are invited to perform in Strathmore events, National Philharmonic & BSO concerts, Strathmore partner collaborations, and other community events.
- ELIGIBILITY: the chamber music program is open to all students 5th-12th grade, even if you are not enrolled in MCYO ensembles. (Students enrolled in MCYO ensemble will have priority when forming groups).
- INSTRUMENTATION: This program is open to string, woodwind, brass players, and also pianists.
- WHEN and WHERE: the program meets at Beth Sholom on Seven Locks Rd.
- COACHING SCHEDULE: the program is structured in 2 semesters (Fall and Spring) of 10 classes each, culminating in a Chamber Music concert/recital.
- FORMING GROUPS: Student age/grade/playing level, video submission, and MCYO auditions will guide us in forming the chamber music groups (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.).
- AUDITION: Audition info will be available once the decision is made for the Spring Semester.
• QUESTIONS? E-mail MCYO’s Director of Programs, Dr. Maria Montano, at firstname.lastname@example.org!