MCYO Chamber Music Program
MCYO Chamber Music Program registration is now open. Each season, around 12 groups have the opportunity to work with outstanding faculty and perform in concerts, competitions, and masterclasses. MCYO will continue to provide quality and structured Chamber Music to its talented young musicians this coming season.
The Chamber Music Program offers talented young musicians the opportunity to work closely in small ensembles (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.) with exceptional faculty, perform in master classes, and participate in chamber music concerts and competitions. In addition, groups are invited to perform in Strathmore events, National Philharmonic & BSO concerts, Strathmore partner collaborations, and other community events.
- ELIGIBILITY: the chamber music program is open to all students 6th-12th grade, even if you are not enrolled in MCYO ensembles. (MCYO members will have priority when forming groups).
- INSTRUMENTATION: This program is open to string, woodwind, brass players, and also pianists.
- WHEN and WHERE: the program meets at Beth Sholom on 11825 Seven Locks Rd, Potomac, MD 20854.
- COACHING SCHEDULE: the program is structured in 2 semesters (Fall and Spring) of 10 classes each, culminating in a Chamber Music concert/recital.
- The fall semester starts on October 5, 2021
- The spring semester begins on February 15, 2022
- FORMING GROUPS: The student age and video audition will guide us in forming chamber music groups (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.). Every year we receive more applications than we can accommodate. We will send group placement results by September 19, 2021. If you have a preformed group, you will have the opportunity to provide that information during the application process.
- All rehearsals will be in-person following our COVID procedures and guidelines: https://mcyo.org/?page_id=37525
- $360 per musician per each semester for MCYO members
- $460 per musician per each semester for Non-MCYO members
• QUESTIONS? E-mail MCYO’s Director of Programs, Dr. Maria Montano, at email@example.com!