MCYO Chamber Music Program
All registrants must submit a performance video by Friday September 15, 2023.
MCYO Chamber Music Program (CMP) registration is now open! CMP offers talented young musicians the opportunity to work closely in small ensembles (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.) with exceptional faculty, perform in master classes, and participate in chamber music concerts and competitions. In addition, groups are invited to perform for Strathmore events, National Philharmonic & BSO concerts, Strathmore partner collaborations, and other community events.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all students, Grades 6 through 12, even if you are not enrolled in one of MCYO’s ensembles. (MCYO members will have priority when forming groups).
- INSTRUMENTATION: Open to all string, woodwind, brass players, and pianists.
- WHERE: Saint Mark Presbyterian Church (10701 Old Georgetown Road in Rockville, MD)
- **WHEN/WHERE: Our program runs from mid-October 2023 through late February 2024 consisting of 16 coaching sessions in total and culminates with a Chamber Music concert. Rehearsals will be held on TUESDAY EVENINGS (55 min coaching sessions) between the hours of 6pm-9pm. Note: Please plan on being available between 6pm-9pm as we cannot guarantee specific coaching time requests.
- Concert Date: TUESDAY, 2/27/24 in the evening (Timing TBD) at AMP by Strathmore at Pike and Rose (11810 Grand Park Ave. North Bethesda, MD)
- FORMING GROUPS: The student age and video audition will guide us in forming chamber music groups (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.). Every year we receive more applications than we can accommodate, so placement in a chamber music group is not guaranteed. If you have a pre-formed group with which you’d like to join our program, please provide that information in your application.
- ATTENDANCE POLICY – Only 1 absence will be permitted for illness or family emergency. Any additional absences must be approved in advance by MCYO’s Manager of Programs. Absences exceeding this amount may result in dismissal for the season with no refund of tuition.
- $795 per musician per each semester for MCYO members
- $895 per musician per each semester for non-MCYO members
- AUDITION: Video Submission of a scale of choice + a solo of choice (no longer than 5-7 minutes) is REQUIRED for all applicants. No professional recording needed.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 8, 2023.
- REGISTER HERE
VIDEO SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, September 15, 2023 via: https://www.dropbox.com/request/fzRX7U0mvPpCumjpwuRb
QUESTIONS? E-mail MCYO’s Office: MCYO@strathmore.org