Maryland Classic Youth Orchestra’s
VIRTUAL Summer String Week
2020 Summer Strings Week has concluded!
Music Director Jorge Orozco and Dr. Maria Montano are excited to lead a virtual version of our traditional Strathmore Summer Strings Week! MCYO believes that music is now more important than ever for our young musicians’ minds and souls, and is thrilled to bring our amazing summer camp to your homes.
VIRTUAL SUMMER STRINGS WEEK INCLUDES:
– A virtual orchestra concert project, with rehearsals, sectionals, and recording guidance
– Technique and skill building sessions with our outstanding MCYO coaches
– Music history, theory, and audition workshops
– Masterclasses and individualized recording feedback.
– Composition Lab
– Virtual performance opportunity
– Final virtual concert watching party
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Rising grades 3–8.
All musicians should be able to read music.
Musicians will be required to submit a recording.
Students will be placed in the appropriate classes according to their level.
WHAT MUSICIANS WILL NEED TO RECORD?
– The video should include a SOLO PIECE without piano accompaniment. Students will be placed in the appropriate classes according to their level.
– This should be a home recording. No professional recording is necessary.
Recording should be submitted by June 10.
Monday July 6 – Saturday July 11, 2020 (10:00AM-3:00PM)
All classes will be offered digitally via ZOOM.
Sample Daily schedule:
10:00AM-10:40AM Warm-up and technique class
12:30PM-1:00PM Lunch time virtual recital
2:00PM-3:00PM Audition Workshop / Composition Lab
Contact Dr. Maria Montano, camp director, at MMontano@strathmore.org / (571) 232-5901