Maryland Classic Youth Orchestra’s
VIRTUAL Summer String Week
Monday July 6 – Saturday July 11, 2020
Music Director Jorge Orozco and Dr. Maria Montano are excited to lead a virtual version of our traditional Strathmore Summer Strings Week! MCYO believes that music is now more important than ever for our young musicians’ minds and souls, and is thrilled to bring our amazing summer camp to your homes.
- Registration is now closed. If you would like to request a late registration please email camp director, Maria Montano, at email@example.com
- UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO HERE (by June 10)
VIRTUAL SUMMER STRINGS WEEK INCLUDES:
– A virtual orchestra concert project, with rehearsals, sectionals, and recording guidance
– Technique and skill building sessions with our outstanding MCYO coaches
– Music history, theory, and audition workshops
– Masterclasses and individualized recording feedback.
– Composition Lab
– Virtual performance opportunity
– Final virtual concert watching party
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Rising grades 3–8.
All musicians should be able to read music.
Musicians will be required to submit a recording.
Students will be placed in the appropriate classes according to their level.
WHAT MUSICIANS WILL NEED TO RECORD?
– The video should include a SOLO PIECE without piano accompaniment. Students will be placed in the appropriate classes according to their level.
– This should be a home recording. No professional recording is necessary.
Recording should be submitted by June 10.
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO HERE BY JUNE 10, 2020:
Monday July 6 – Saturday July 11, 2020 (10:00AM-3:00PM)
All classes will be offered digitally via ZOOM.
Sample Daily schedule:
10:00AM-10:40AM Warm-up and technique class
12:30PM-1:00PM Lunch time virtual recital
2:00PM-3:00PM Audition Workshop / Composition Lab
Camp will be limited to 35 musicians. Register by June 1.
You will receive instructions about how to submit tuition payment after you have submitted this registration form.
Registration is now closed. If you would like to request a late registration please email camp director, Maria Montano, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Dr. Maria Montano, camp director, at MMontano@strathmore.org / (571) 232-5901