Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras of Strathmore! Please read carefully through the following steps.
Step 1 – Membership Eligibility
Please be sure that your child can meet our MCYO eligibility requirements.
- MCYO WILL be providing a program for Fall start-up, likely with some combination of virtual AND live sessions, as the situation permits. We want to make sure that music stays an important part of all of our musicians lives.
- MCYO strongly encourages its’ musicians to participate in their school music programs. The daily ensemble experience greatly enhances our program.
- MCYO requires that all musicians be currently taking private lessons on their orchestra instrument. It is essential that musicians receive this guidance throughout the entire season.
- Each musician is assessed an annual tuition/membership fee in range of $ 695 – 975. (Need based scholarships are available for musicians to help pay for private lessons and/or MCYO membership fees.)
Step 2 – Audition Guidelines and Requirements
- Requirements and procedures have changed significantly this year. *Please follow all the Audition information, Requirements and Guidelines on THIS PAGE*
- This year, musicians will be required to submit a VIDEO recording of your audition.
- To create your Audition Video, please follow the instructions and tips on Audition Recording Procedure Page.
- Audition video has to be ONE continuous take from scales to excerpts, and NO editing what so ever. (You will only be able to submit ONE audition video)
- Tips for preparing an audition (We will be updating this page with video from our Audition Clinic soon! along with some recordings from pro musicians)
Step 3 – Online Fees and Registration
Audition Registration Fee Structure (this is per musician) – This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE
- FINAL DEADLINE TO REGISTER ANDSUBMIT YOUR VIDEO – August 17, 2020.
- In Acceptd, parents should sign-up as “I am applying for someone else”. This is the simplest method to register.
- Due to technical difficulties, we are waiving the Late Fees this season. You’ll have until August 17, 2020 to submit your videos without any penalties or disadvantages.
- Registration Fee: $55
- $10 extra, if the musician would like to be considered for more than one ensemble.
- Fee Waiver: MCYO and Acceptd does offer financial assistance on the application fees, please email our office or please find more info on Acceptd’s webpage.
We partnered with Acceptd to host our applications. Please visit MCYO’s Acceptd landing page to learn more and begin an application!
(This is a TWO step process. You will be able to finish the initial registration and later be able to submit the video, by the deadline)