Please read carefully through the following steps. The registration link is at the bottom of the page.
Step 1 – Membership Eligibility
Please be sure that applying musicians can meet our MCYO eligibility requirements.
- MCYO will be providing IN-PERSON programs for Fall.
- MCYO strongly encourages its’ musicians to participate in their school music programs. The daily ensemble experience greatly enhances our program.
- MCYO requires that all musicians be currently taking private lessons on their orchestra instrument. It is essential that musicians receive this guidance throughout the entire season.
- Each musician is assessed an annual tuition/membership fee. (Need-based scholarships are available for musicians to help pay for private lessons and/or MCYO membership fees.)
Step 2 – Audition Guidelines and Requirements
- Auditions will be conducted IN-PERSON this fall at AMP by Strathmore (August 15-16) & Music Center at Strathmore (August 17-24).
- Double auditions are back. To be considered for multiple ensembles, musicians will need to audition TWICE, for each ensemble. (Only exceptions are Future Stars and Preparatory Strings. You can be considered for Future Stars and Preparatory Strings without having a 2nd audition)
- Musicians will need to schedule a time slot during their Audition Registration procedure. (Scheduling Instructions)
- Requirements for each orchestras can be found here.
- List of scales to be prepared are at each orchestras’ requirements page
- Audition will have sight reading
- Tips for preparing an audition
Step 3 – Important Dates and Registration Info
- Deadline for Audition Registration – August 10, 2022, 11:59PM
- This is a two-step process. You will first complete the audition registration and then must schedule a time slot.
- Audition Registration Fee: $65
- Double Audition: Additional $15 fee, if the musician would like to be considered for more than one ensemble.
- Late fee of $15 will be incurred after August 10, 2022 for Audition Registration
- These fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Fee Waiver: MCYO and Acceptd does offer financial assistance on the application fees, for eligibility please refer to Acceptd’s webpage.